Respiratory infection

James9811

Location (City and/or State)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi everyone

Our Russian has been given antibiotics for a RI. He’s currently opening his mouth and extending his neck every minute or so, unless he’s resting and it slows to every 4/5 minutes. Sometimes he lets out a little squeak too. What is this action? Is he gasping for air? It stops when he is sleeping but he is obviously still breathing in his sleep so I’m a little confused. I’m really just asking for my peace of mind, I can’t imagine how much pain he is in right now and I just hope the treatment kicks in soon to ease it away for him.

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Hi everyone

Our Russian has been given antibiotics for a RI. He’s currently opening his mouth and extending his neck every minute or so, unless he’s resting and it slows to every 4/5 minutes. Sometimes he lets out a little squeak too. What is this action? Is he gasping for air? It stops when he is sleeping but he is obviously still breathing in his sleep so I’m a little confused. I’m really just asking for my peace of mind, I can’t imagine how much pain he is in right now and I just hope the treatment kicks in soon to ease it away for him.
Just keep him warm to dry out that infection. Ambient temp 84 degrees f and the basking spot in the mid 90’s . You don't want to cook him though, so make sure he can thermo regulate