Road trippin...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So most of you know I have slowly been finding better homes for my animals as the DR I was seeing said I have dementia...wouldn't be able to care for animals then...however...I have started going back to my regular Dr who moved to Salem...about 35 miles. He and his practice say that I do not have any of the symptoms of dementia, that I have had 3 TBI's...and that would affect anybody. lol
So fortunately I still have Layla and my box turtles. So this morning I drove down to Springfield to meet a woman who had been on vacation in Arizona and she met up with a man in the Safeway parking lot who had 6 Sulcata eggs. She bought them and hatched'em out. They are 1 year old now and all the eggs hatched...so in a small bed of hay in the coffee table are 6 small torts...none as big as they should be as there was serious bullying going on. I took the smallest as he was bullied the most. As small as the palm of my hand and 9 months old. They were kept on grass hay and she told me they ate the hay, babies? Anyway, I liked the lady a lot and even invited up to my house for lunch some day... so I'm just gonna say...I ended up with the cutest Sulcata baby ever!!! I have a new computer and even tho it's just like the old one, I still can't download my photos...but I have indeed taken pictures for you...you'll see them in a couple of days...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry that first doctor's info made you re-home some of your turtles and tortoises. Bummer!! But happy that now you have the chance to start your own baby sulcata. You got Bob when he was a juvenile, and Mary/Knobby/Mary when she was a bit older too. Raising up a baby is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I'm so happy for your second opinion! I was very worried about you. I can't wait to see your new baby sulcata. Do you have a name yet? ❤️👏 I am sorry about TBI.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm sorry that first doctor's info made you re-home some of your turtles and tortoises. Bummer!! But happy that now you have the chance to start your own baby sulcata. You got Bob when he was a juvenile, and Mary/Knobby/Mary when she was a bit older too. Raising up a baby is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see your pictures!
I know I'm probably anthropomorphizing but he has a great face, not grouchy like Mary, but so pretty and a smiling happy face...like Bob

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm so happy for your second opinion! I was very worried about you. I can't wait to see your new baby sulcata. Do you have a name yet? ❤️👏 I am sorry about TBI.
In my growing and early adult years I had a lot of fun, and some concussions and those TBI's were part of that. lol Now I have severe short term memory loss...it's bad but it is what it is...my sister worries about me having a high speed flaming Camaro accident, my son worries I'll fall and get hurt...my neighbor worries about me going to jail....and I worry about nuthin... stop worrying about me...I'm good!:) Just wait until Lynn see's this face!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
In my growing and early adult years I had a lot of fun, and some concussions and those TBI's were part of that. lol Now I have severe short term memory loss...it's bad but it is what it is...my sister worries about me having a high speed flaming Camaro accident, my son worries I'll fall and get hurt...my neighbor worries about me going to jail....and I worry about nuthin... stop worrying about me...I'm good!:) Just wait until Lynn see's this face!
Lol, who is more correct with their worry, the neighbor LMAO. You're so funny. We will worry, but don't let that stop you from doing what you want and having fun!
Btw, short term memory comes with age. My mom is 88 and has it, but can remember names, old times, places, like no one else I know, specially me. But can't remember everything from just a couple days ago or last week. Now days people/docs want to call it something and say it's not normal aging. I think that's BS! They can't make money if it's nothing that can be treated.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Now I really envy you Maggie, with your little Sulcata! That's awesome.😀