Rodriguez Chelonians, help

Muskturtles

Location (City and/or State)
Ventura
About a week ago I had discussed the possibility of purchasing a Guerrero wood turtle with them and thought it went well. I originally sent over the $250 so I could reserve it since I wasn’t sure when I’d be able to get it shipped or pick it up as I live relatively close by. Then was refunded immediately as I didn’t pick PayPal friends, but within the hour I sent the $250 through “friends”along with the small fee I was charged which was a few bucks and haven’t gotten any confirmation or any response after that. Does anyone know if she is sick or not doing well? After tomorrow it will be a full week with no response, and I’m a bit worried if I’ll ever get the turtle. I know I can likely get a refund through PayPal for not receiving what I purchased but I’d rather get the turtle. Along with that, the turtle I picked is still being offered for sale rather then having sold next to its price, which is a little concerning since I’ve already sent the funds for it. Again, perhaps she is ill/busy or something and hasn’t checked that I’ve sent over the money. Anyway I’ll add some screen shots to prove what I mean.
3C82616D-22C6-4721-9369-87F0649668A9.jpegEF9083B2-4768-40DA-BA5A-5985F3462053.jpeg4B7C9977-DA34-447A-885A-4009F201890E.jpegDA5C1F42-C4D5-43DC-95DF-6F2399FD5F0D.jpeg56C2D132-7E38-4F8F-9A0D-B8439E9C3A9B.jpeg8131E04A-9CDC-4D80-B7BF-3F23413B655E.jpeg2809A92E-F2B2-4746-9F14-352BE12ACD68.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D503257-665D-4FCD-97A3-37DB6CB8431B.jpeg
    1D503257-665D-4FCD-97A3-37DB6CB8431B.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 4

ZenHerper

New Jersey
FWIW: I would never make a purchase via the Friends/Family setting on pypl...that invalidates every buyer protection. As far as pypl is concerned, those transactions are cash gifts (not product purchases) and Final.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
FWIW: I would never make a purchase via the Friends/Family setting on pypl...that invalidates every buyer protection. As far as pypl is concerned, those transactions are cash gifts (not product purchases) and Final.

I thought this also, but was double checking before posting and saw this:
Sending to a friend and family - used when sending money or a gift card to a friend or family member. Before you complete a payment, you can opt to pay the fee, or pass it onto the recipient by changing it to a Goods or Services payment, to be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.

So the fee they say they paid the second time may have been for buyer protection.

But regardless, I agree; I wouldn't do friends/family if I was buying something. The seller should be paying the fees as a cost of doing business and not trying to skirt around them.

Muskturtles

Ventura
I also thought it was a little strange, but she has a lot of great reviews, so I sent with confidence. This must be a one off situation.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
... a Goods or Services payment, to be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.
Yes. Pypl will not get involved with disputes of F/F transactions. Only Goods/Services payments are covered with buyer or seller protections.

Some legitimate merchants use F/F to avoid fees (which I think violates TOS), but many scammers use it to avoid sending out the item they were "selling".
I also thought it was a little strange, but she has a lot of great reviews, so I sent with confidence. This must be a one off situation.
I don't know this breeder, so I can't comment on any of that side. But F/F money requests should really be a deal breaker.

Do what you can to try to get through to them (kindly, professionally, patiently) via their various published means.

'Luck!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes. Pypl will not get involved with disputes of F/F transactions. Only Goods/Services payments are covered with buyer or seller protections.
This is EXACTLY why I will only accepts FF payments. Dealing with the public is risky. You sell somebody a healthy well started 4 month old baby, and check in with them twice over the next month when they tell you everything is perfect, and the next thing you know you are being disputed through PayPal by them because they somehow managed to kill it. No thank you. If you don't trust the person you are buying from enough to do FF, then don't buy from them. I don't have the time or desire to mess with people being crooked when I know damn well I sold them a growing healthy baby. If I made a mistake somehow, then I will make good on it. If someone doesn't trust me to do that, then they should not do business with me.

About a week ago I had discussed the possibility of purchasing a Guerrero wood turtle with them and thought it went well. I originally sent over the $250 so I could reserve it since I wasn’t sure when I’d be able to get it shipped or pick it up as I live relatively close by. Then was refunded immediately as I didn’t pick PayPal friends, but within the hour I sent the $250 through “friends”along with the small fee I was charged which was a few bucks and haven’t gotten any confirmation or any response after that. Does anyone know if she is sick or not doing well? After tomorrow it will be a full week with no response, and I’m a bit worried if I’ll ever get the turtle. I know I can likely get a refund through PayPal for not receiving what I purchased but I’d rather get the turtle. Along with that, the turtle I picked is still being offered for sale rather then having sold next to its price, which is a little concerning since I’ve already sent the funds for it. Again, perhaps she is ill/busy or something and hasn’t checked that I’ve sent over the money. Anyway I’ll add some screen shots to prove what I mean.
View attachment 336447View attachment 336448View attachment 336449View attachment 336450View attachment 336451View attachment 336453View attachment 336454
I have no idea what is going on with your particular case, but Chris and Amber are personal friends of mine. They are 100% trustworthy and responsible. You will not get ripped off, tricked, or get an animal that is unhealthy in any way. I'm so sure of this that I will personally guarantee your money even though none of this has anything to do with me. I don't know why you haven't heard from them, but I will vouch for them with no reservation whatsoever.