Ruby!

Adam L

Location (City and/or State)
FL
Just wanted to show off my most adorable son/daughter: Ruby-Dave! The name really is Ruby, but it was Dave to begin with and has been a hard transition šŸ˜… so he has quite the long government name. Iā€™ll have to print it in a CVS receipt to fit it! Much more childproofing has been done since these pictures on his soon-to-be-upgraded home. He is quite the climber with an ever burning hatred for anything man made especially thermometer/hygrometers. He wonā€™t attack it, but rather mess with me by knocking it over like his personal ragdoll. I love him to death and have all his needs covered except a diet plan. Not quite ratios, but more like a schedule or outline? Local variety is no issue. I have a verrry small garden on my patio, but garden is coming to a house near us soon šŸ˜‰. Either way this is my baby and I will love him forever šŸŒŗšŸ¢ā¤ļø he wins the award for most spite for thermometers šŸŒ”ļø Oh and he had his first worm (earthworm I fed first) today and loved it!!! šŸ’„šŸŽˆšŸŖ±

Attachments

• IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1956.jpeg
    IMG_1956.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello and welcome!

You can check feeding guidelines here:

Feeding schedule is pretty basic: feed daily, enough foods to graze through the day (so only a few pieces are left). Whether to mix fruit/greens and such - is up to you. If you see him being picky and eating only fruit out of the whole meal then do the "fruit days". I mix grass pellets with fruit or mushrooms on some days and give fresh greens on others.

Adam L

FL
Hello and welcome!

You can check feeding guidelines here:

Feeding schedule is pretty basic: feed daily, enough foods to graze through the day (so only a few pieces are left). Whether to mix fruit/greens and such - is up to you. If you see him being picky and eating only fruit out of the whole meal then do the "fruit days". I mix grass pellets with fruit or mushrooms on some days and give fresh greens on others.
Thanks man! Slightly off topic, but on tortoisesupply thereā€™s a ā€œbroadleaf mixā€. I know Redfoots can be browsers and not really grazers, but it doesnā€™t list the specific seeds. I suppose itā€™s all good from Tyler considering his care and reputation but I didnā€™t know if I should just get individual seeds to be safe as it does say more testudo.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Thanks man! Slightly off topic, but on tortoisesupply thereā€™s a ā€œbroadleaf mixā€. I know Redfoots can be browsers and not really grazers, but it doesnā€™t list the specific seeds. I suppose itā€™s all good from Tyler considering his care and reputation but I didnā€™t know if I should just get individual seeds to be safe as it does say more testudo.
That's the one I got for Mojo. He loves it. I plant some in his enclosure for him to munch on.

Adam L

FL
That's the one I got for Mojo. He loves it. I plant some in his enclosure for him to munch on.
Youā€™re amazing thank you! Saves me much research and money on different packets of seeds. Buying the one big bag will be so nice