Running nose

Mishti

can someone please help me knowing that how can a running nose in star tortoise be treated. I don't have a good vet around. she eats fine., walks n plays good, no other problems detected but just that she's having bubbles in her nose. pls help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If everything seems ok, then there's probably nothing to worry about. Stress sometimes causes a bubbly nose. Can we see a picture of where the tortoise lives? Maybe we can help you with ideas about the tortoise's enclosure.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum.

As Yvonne mentioned, pics would enable us to help you more. And wishes for a speedy recovery, to your tort.

Mishti

they are kept in a plastic box may b for an few hours in the day.... but generally they stay wid me on bed... only

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
they are kept in a plastic box may b for an few hours in the day.... but generally they stay wid me on bed... only

Where are you? Star tortoises need warm temperatures 24/7. Runny noses can indicate the start of a respiratory infection and this is typically cause by temperatures that are too low. How are you heating and lighting them?

Mishti

I stay in India. they get ample sunlight... atleast 4-5 hours a day they are exposed to direct sunlight along with a shade.... so they move as per their desires.... n also I exposed them to sun when the temperature is between 32-36 degree Celsius. and regarding regular temperature as I told... m in India so temperature at my place is never below 29 degree Celsius atleast during these months of the year. n m new to torts