Runny poop.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I'm posting this on behalf of the new member @Tiny Tim and Voldetort who hasn't worked out how to start a new thread yet.
The species is a leopard.
Tort has runny stool and I think it's diet related with iceberg lettuce been high on the menu because of limited food availablety.
I'll let the experts advise.

If a mod can alter this post to @Tiny Tim and Voldetort that would be great. Thanks.

Hong Kong
so where I live I dont have much to provide
I only have tomatoes, Potatoes, Peas, Fruits, Cabbage, Lettuce, Chinese veggies ( cant read ) , Eggplants, Bok Choy, Iceberg Lettuce (EXTREMELY POPULAR WHERE I AM, its everywhere) Pumpkin and ginger

daniellenc

Maryland
Where do you live? Potatoes, tomatoes, peas, ginger, and eggplant shouldn't be fed. Leopards need grasses and greens which should be available at most markets readily?

Alaskamike

South Florida
My Leopard has a runny poop sometimes. I can almost predict it based on what has been recently fed.

"Normal" stool should look like a tube of brown half digested grass & weeds roled up.

Spinach is better for him than some of the other stuff you mentioned. Do you ever see an item called " Spring Mix" ? It usually ( here in U.S. ). is sold in a plastic container or plastic bag & has a variety of leafy greens. Does regular grass grow in Hong kong ? If so, & you can find an area not treated with bug pray , you can get clippings & feed.

Can you order Mazuri Tortoise pellets there ? That would help allot.

The other option is to grow it yourself in trays.

You may need to become a horticulturist & grow some plants for him.

Good fortune to you.

Hong Kong
fex14_organic_sm_5oz_0.png

Alaskamike

South Florida
Yes , they can eat everything in it. Sometimes you find it with almost all spinich , but the bigger variety one is better.

Some says " organic" on label some not. I'm not worried about that. Some get all wound up in " organic". I don't get it - but to each his own.

Sprinkle some calcium powder on it

That would be a vast improvement to potatoes, eggplant , & iceburg lettus. It's a good start.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Great !
I would think Hong Kong, being a major city has a good number of tortoise keepers. Do you have a zoo ? Sometimes keepers there will share their sources for getting food.

I know it can be expensive , but the mazuri Tortois food comes in 25lb bags. It would last a long time. And here ( in U.S ) can be ordered online.

It also is not bad to let them eat a bit of squash once a month. I half cook it , & mine all love it like candy. Squash has a negative effect on worms ( they don't like it ).

If you find plants they can eat at a nursery, just know to keep them from it for about 4 months till all the systemic bug killer can get out of the leaves.

daniellenc

Maryland
Wait Hong Kong????? You have GREAT produce over there my friend is over there for a year as a translator. You can definitely get lettuce mixes like spring mix, a variety of cabbages, radish greens, and all sorts of stuff!!

Hong Kong
Wait Hong Kong????? You have GREAT produce over there my friend is over there for a year as a translator. You can definitely get lettuce mixes like spring mix, a variety of cabbages, radish greens, and all sorts of stuff!!

I have spring mix but radish greens near where I live are really like brown and sort of rotten and i live FAAR FAR AWAY i live in new territories which is pretty far from most places
Yes they do! Or in Hong Kong, anyway.
https://www.greenqueen.com.hk/green-queens-definitive-guide-kale-hong-kong/
You probably get far more stuff there than I can find in Fes.
Welcome, Tiny Tim. :)

I went to one of the most biggest groccery stores and i didnt find any kale D: