Russian hatchling weight

Tbaldwin7725

Location (City and/or State)
NY
I have a Russian hatchling born 10-9-21 when I got him he was around 35 grams then about two weeks ago he was sitting around 45g but the last two weeks he has been 43g and now kind of fluctuating between 42g-43g this morning ... should I be worried? He is eating good and going to the bathroom almost daily (sometimes he skips a poop). His shell temp when he sits under the basking light is anywhere from 90-97 he has a humid hide that's about 75-80 and his cool side is drier with about 73-75 temps. Overall enclosure humidity is usually between
50-70% and 80% under humid hide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

Carlos-NL

Netherlands
All sounds about right to me and the weight gain is normal. In the first few months they don't gain quickly, but after the 6 month to a year old they will gain weight a lot quicker! No worries as long as you see your tortoise eating everyday.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
With torts that tiny, the weight fluctuates wildly just from food and water intake and hydration.
You should see a month to month steady increase in weight. And as far as he is acting and eating normal. I wouldn't worry.