Russian poorly tort

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
U should have a separate tube type uvb bulb . And ur thermostat probe shouldnt be under ur basking spot. U want ur probe placed furthest away from lamp on tortoise level so that the coolest part of enclosure is 85.

Kaylin99

London
Okay thanks I’ve moved the probe to the cool end.

I have already got a heat only bulb coming soon so I will buy a sepearate uvb bulb, could you recommend a tube light and fitting preferable on amazon? Sorry for needing all this hand holding

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Easiest way to accomplish this is to have a 65 watt flood bulb for basking spot. With another lamp with a che that is on the thermostat for ur ambient temp and then get urself a tube fixture for ur uvb

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Okay thanks I’ve moved the probe to the cool end.

I have already got a heat only bulb coming soon so I will buy a sepearate uvb bulb, could you recommend a tube light and fitting preferable on amazon? Sorry for needing all this hand holding
No prob. Everyone is here to help. When in doubt.. ask questions.

Kaylin99

London
Easiest way to accomplish this is to have a 65 watt flood bulb for basking spot. With another lamp with a che that is on the thermostat for ur ambient temp and then get urself a tube fixture for ur uvb

Hi would you be able to show me what you have just so I can understand a bit better.

So the 65 watt flood bulb would be for the basking spot and the uvb aspect? So the basking spot is meant to be for light and then the ambient temps of 85 will come from the CHE ?

And then the che running too but connected to the thermostat?

I have spent about £500 in the last week so really want to make sure that anything else I buy is 100% the correct thing

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Heres an older pic i have of my enclosure for an idea on what im talking about
408CD832-6ED7-47A4-B19F-FCA68377519A.jpeg

Jon c

Williamsville
No, thermostats are for ceramic heat emitters that don't emit light. Those can click on and off all day to regulate a certain temp. The basking light as well as UV lights shoukd be constant on for 12-14 hrs a day.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
For the fixture u can just go to walmart and pick something up like this. (Dont buy fixture at pet stores.. they rip u off)
D32DEB46-3681-4FBE-97C6-5E2BA2D1F0CB.jpeg