Russian Tortoise ate Macoroni

Vanessa Black

Location (City and/or State)
Idaho
Ned, my 6 year old Russian, was wandering around the kitchen floor when he stumbled across a piece of day old Craft macaroni and cheese and decided to eat it. He only ate one noodle before I caught him. What do I do? Is he going to be okay?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
IMG_2512.jpgHere is someone’s X-ray of tort that runs around the house ! Do you like the tort charm ? That’s why if you love your tort please keep it in it’s enclosure .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He will be fine. However like Grandpa Turtle 144 said, keep him in his enclosure. Walking our floors as you can see is very dangerous for them and usually colder then they should be in. A proper 4x8 foot minimum enclosure is the proper place or an outdoor enclosure.

Vanessa Black

Idaho
Thanks for your help! I let him walk around the living room for about a half an hour every day to get his exercise in. His cage isn't big enough so I let him walk around the living room until I get a bigger one.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for your help! I let him walk around the living room for about a half an hour every day to get his exercise in. His cage isn't big enough so I let him walk around the living room until I get a bigger one.
This is a big mistake and is likely to result in the death of your tortoise.

Make his cage big enough and stop letting him roam the floors. This time he found macaroni. Maybe next time he finds something that will kill him. Don't let there be a next time. Keep your tortoise off of the floor in the house.

Vanessa Black

Idaho
This is a big mistake and is likely to result in the death of your tortoise.

Make his cage big enough and stop letting him roam the floors. This time he found macaroni. Maybe next time he finds something that will kill him. Don't let there be a next time. Keep your tortoise off of the floor in the house.

Noted, thank you