Russian Tortoise clutch

Neon__

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello Guys I have a question. So I recently got a reptibator(I know it's not the best) But I modified it so It can have correct humidity levels and I want to know what are good humidity levels for a Russian tortoise clutch. I put 1 humidity gauge and I trust it because the humidity on the reptibator is giving me low levels and the gauge is giving me 70-78 which I heard good humidity temps are from 70-84. Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Guys I have a question. So I recently got a reptibator(I know it's not the best) But I modified it so It can have correct humidity levels and I want to know what are good humidity levels for a Russian tortoise clutch. I put 1 humidity gauge and I trust it because the humidity on the reptibator is giving me low levels and the gauge is giving me 70-78 which I heard good humidity temps are from 70-84. Thank you!
FIrst, keep the media dry and don't use perlite.

Reptibators work fine and hold a constant temp, its just that the little readouts are not accurate, so you have to have secondary thermometer/hygrometers to get the conditions correct.

I'd keep humidity above 80%. I use water tubs inside the incubator for this purpose.

Here is more info on how to start them after hatching too:

Neon__

Texas
FIrst, keep the media dry and don't use perlite.

Reptibators work fine and hold a constant temp, its just that the little readouts are not accurate, so you have to have secondary thermometer/hygrometers to get the conditions correct.

I'd keep humidity above 80%. I use water tubs inside the incubator for this purpose.

Here is more info on how to start them after hatching too:
Ok I saw another thread you were in and you said to use vermiculite so that’s what they are in I have the humidity at a solid 77-80 on my second thermometer.

Reactions: Tom