Saliva or RI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore, Md
I was holding my 3 month old sulcata hatchling n I noticed he had some dirt on his face... I tried blowing it off but it didn't come off so I tried to get it off w/my finger n he pulled his head in really fast n made kinda like a squeaking noise, but when he did it a bubble came out of his nose... Is it possible that it was just saliva from pulling in so fast, or could it b a ri? He has no other symptoms (other than he won't eat greens, only softened zoo med pellets) but I don't think that's related and I don't hear any noises when he breathes... I don't have any herpvets to take him to, the only one around here retired about 6 months ago... What do I do if it is an ri?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like it was just from pulling in. I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, just to play if safe. Keep a little closer eye on him for a few days.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
wellington said:
Sounds like it was just from pulling in. I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, just to play if safe. Keep a little closer eye on him for a few days.

That's a relief! I thought it might b from pulling in, but I wasn't sure... Better safe than sorry, though lol... I'll let u know if anything changes... Thank u :)

What kind of symptoms should I b watching out for, same as humans or do they respond differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.