Saved me a turtle today

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
At least you know you have a healthy population there! The first one looked like my RES, expect she's got like, this, FAT head! I think she's bit bigger too... have you seen any other types of turtles around? 'scuse the ignorance, but do painted turtles live around there? They are so cute, I beleive RES and most painted turtles s0pecies are 'colonial' so they must live some where around together... (expect here! :D )

RES are all I see. One laid eggs on the back of my job site this spring but I never got to see them hatch. Gulf coast boxie are local

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tglazie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, here in South Texas I see Ornate Sliders (the Texas variety of red ear, with the wide yellow bands on the carapce), released Louisiana Sliders (farmed for the pet trade and released by irresponsible folks), Guadalupe softshells, various mud and musk turtles (not too familiar with them, I'm afraid), common snappers, and Texas River cooters. I've yet to see a Cagle's Map. I do believe they're critically endangered though. Oh, and on a few occasions, I have seen released Western Painted turtles.

T.G.