Saving a dog! Very excited :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Kristina said:
We got him today :) He is a REALLY nice dog. Quite thin, obviously has had poor nutrition or just flat not enough. Lily and he get along famously. Will post pics as soon as I can!

You are amazing. How did you learn all of this rescue stuff by your tender age, lol?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kristina, Congratulations. He's a beauty.

Laura, that was a training/handling problem, NOT a dog problem.

Barb, I know you love the breed, but I don't care how you measure it, Shar Pei are NOT the best breed ever. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom said:

Barb, I know you love the breed, but I don't care how you measure it, Shar Pei are NOT the best breed ever. :D

I was waiting for someone to disagree. That's okay, I know everyone has their faves. When everyone catches up they and you will agree with me:p:D. Just kidding.:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I was waiting for someone to disagree. That's okay, I know everyone has their faves. When everyone catches up they and you will agree with me:p:D.

:D Way to stick to your guns! :D Would be boring, if everybody thought the same breed was the "best". Instead we have so many so we can each find the "best" one for us.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
wellington said:
I was waiting for someone to disagree. That's okay, I know everyone has their faves. When everyone catches up they and you will agree with me:p:D. Just kidding.:)

You should have known it would be me! :D

I'm just funin'. They are a nice breed and certainly have their merits.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Jacqui said:
Just look at all those shoes they gave him to chew on! :p :D :D

LOL! Ha ha, he better not! ;)

lynnedit said:
You are amazing. How did you learn all of this rescue stuff by your tender age, lol?

Awww, thanks ;) I'm not THAT young, lol. But I guess all I can say is that it was always my passion. My husband is possibly getting a new job that will quadruple our current yearly income and change our circumstances drastically. If it works out, all I can say is look out world, 'cause Kristina Duda is gonna save some s***, LOL!!!

Tom said:

Thanks Tom :) In my experience, Shar Peis that are too skinny are actually LESS wrinkly than those with a good weight. (I know that sounds backwards.) Once I get some pounds on him, he is going to be positively adorable.

They are GREAT family dogs, and by that, I mean they love AND protect their family. Lily is a fantastically well behaved dog. I made sure the kids worked with me when it came to obedience training, right from the time that we got her at 7 weeks old. She listens to them as well as she does to me and David. Just like with my horses, all I have to do is point and she goes where I want. Her only vice is that she likes the "tootsie rolls" out of the cat box, but hey, what dog doesn't?!?! She is the most loving, sweetest dog, but if she does not know you, do NOT try to get into her house or on her property without one of her "people" there. If one of us is home, and someone comes over, she doesn't bark or look twice. If we are outside, and a vehicle she does not recognize pulls up, she continues to sleep. If we are inside and she is out and a strange vehicle pulls up, she barks, and she has a very intimidating bark. However, she stops the INSTANT I tell her to. As far as getting in the house - Lily obviously knows my sister. She has never looked twice at her when she came over. One day my sister called my husband to ask if she could come over and take a shower, because she was having a water issue at home. He told her that he was not home, but she could go ahead and go over and take one. She didn't get her shower. Lily met her at the front door, teeth bared and hackles raised. She would not let my sister in the house. Later that day, my sister came back over when we were home. Lily was asleep in the living room and didn't even prick her ears.

Honestly, I love that my dog has that kind of personality. I think it is pretty darn perfect :) She may not be a movie star, but she takes care of things around here!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know of many shar pei that exhibit that same sort of protectiveness and judgement. I like that in a dog too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
See perfect dog. She does exactly what they are suppose to do. I have had many dogs. At the moment a Bull Terrier, a stupid move I made a few years ago. Love her to death, but a hard dog to have. I miss having my Shar-Pei. Will not stray again from the breed. I do really love any and all dogs. If I had the room, I would most definitely rescue way too many, but my heart and love belong to the Shar-Pei.

Tom said:
I know of many shar pei that exhibit that same sort of protectiveness and judgement. I like that in a dog too.

The mental work over is working. Your almost there. Soon you will be singing my toon, Shar-Pei the best, I can almost hear you singing it.LOL :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.