Serious bullying

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Wow, that was scary. Even though I think having several food stations would help I would probably end up separating them also after seeing that. I hope none of them were actually injured.
I was shocked when I watched the live video, it went for no less than 10 minutes with several of them. They all looked good when I checked them out.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I was shocked when I watched the live video, it went for no less than 10 minutes with several of them. They all looked good when I checked them out.

What is your plan for them when they are adults? I mean, you likely have same sex turtles...so you may end up with individual enclosures for each turtle....sex will determine alot of what your set up will be....hopefully you have one male and all of the rest females...lol...just wishing on your behalf...:)

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I have 9 in my outdoor enclosure, its very large, with several feeding spots and I don't worry as much when they get that size, they aren't as fragile. I've seen more injured on here as hatchlings than adults, I don't plan on keeping all 5 anyway, I'm hoping to make some trades for different tort species.

puffy137

Naughty little blighters!
Asserting their dominance at such a young age.
It's a good example of what we often don't see and why, usually, torts and turtles shouldn't have company.( with a few exceptions )
'Oh but my torts are friends'.
Yeah, right.
Since the early 90's I swear I have never seen my little darlings do anything like that.