Sexing help and age range

Havisham

Location (City and/or State)
Salem, OR
Hi guys! i hope posting a new thread specifically about sexing my red footed tortoise is allowed! I just got them yesterday and want to know sex before naming. Since they'll be around for a long time I want the name to be perfect. Also if you could help with age estimation, the ring counting doesn't make the most sense to me.... Thank you!
*As an aside, I got him as a rescue from a not so great situation so we'll be off to the vet for a check up for a potential eye infection soon. I'm only mentioning it Incase his she'll looks a little off because I'm not super well versed in what looks healthy and what doesn't

Attachments

• PXL_20221127_012910871.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221127_012910871.MP.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20221127_012901556.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221127_012901556.MP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hi guys! i hope posting a new thread specifically about sexing my red footed tortoise is allowed! I just got them yesterday and want to know sex before naming. Since they'll be around for a long time I want the name to be perfect. Also if you could help with age estimation, the ring counting doesn't make the most sense to me.... Thank you!
*As an aside, I got him as a rescue from a not so great situation so we'll be off to the vet for a check up for a potential eye infection soon. I'm only mentioning it Incase his she'll looks a little off because I'm not super well versed in what looks healthy and what doesn't
Too young to be 100%, but I'm going with Female at this point.