Sheldon's new SAFE outside enclosure

Sully06012018

Location (City and/or State)
Ocklawaha, FL
Some of you may have read how I lost my 1st Sulcata by running inside for less than 3 mi, and my dog killed him. Sully was only 1 month old and I only had him 3 weeks, It broke my heart and I still feel guilty.
My husband talked me into an other so I found one 6 months old and named him Sheldon he is now 7 months old. My husband just finished building him a SAFE outdoor enclosure so he can enjoy some fresh sunshine and snacks for a while during the day. Check it out and see what you think. The lid lifts up and the bottom is about 30" off the ground. I have safe plants started and grass seed, will be adding more as needed. He is outside exploring it this morning.

DSCN1120.JPG DSCN1121.JPG DSCN1122.JPG DSCN1123.JPG DSCN1124.JPG DSCN1125.JPG DSCN1117.JPG DSCN1118.JPG DSCN1119.JPG

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That really looks nice. I especially love the covered cave. Hubby did a great job for you and Sheldon!

Sully06012018

Ocklawaha, FL
That really looks nice. I especially love the covered cave. Hubby did a great job for you and Sheldon!
Thank you. The covered cave consists of a clay tera cotta bowl shaped pot...I covered it with wet potting soil, placed a cocoa palm liner like you can use in hanging baskets....covered it with more wet potting soil ( organic of course) then covered in grass seed. Can hardly wait until it grows.