shell growth

lawlessangel76

Location (City and/or State)
Oldsmar,fl
hi everyone,my male sulcata is 9 and his shell doesn't cover his tail,on google it says that should happen between 3-4 years old,yes he's pyramided,but my brother took had him for the first 2 years and didn't do a very good job,now I'm starting to worry,is something wrong with him,he hasn't been weighed by a vet but my husband says he's about 30-35 lbs,that seems very light for a 9 year old,he has a huge yard of grass & weeds and he gets hibiscus,he's not a big fan of water,so I have to squirt him with the hoIMG_20240608_180442367.jpgIMG_20240608_180230048.jpgse everyday,of course he walks away and when I put him in his pool,he walks out within 5 minutes,is that why his shell hasn't grown over his tail,plz don't beat up on me,I already get that from sulcata groups on Facebook and I'm already trying to fix my brother's mistakes,here are some pics

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
We don't beat people up here, that is not the way to go to improve a life of an tortoise. I think it is possible that in this case, his care earlier in his life has caused stunted growth.

I am going to tag some sulcata people, @wellington @Tom @Maggie3fan