Shelli the Red Footed Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelli2012

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Hello! I just got a female red foot who is approximately 3 months old. We just got her today and we are super excited to welcome the newest member of our family! Since we have only had her less than 24 hours I don't have a ton of questions yet but I welcome any helpful tips :). I did have one question though... Every time she has a BM she automatically tries to eat it. Is that something I should be concerned about? Since I have been home with her today I have been trying to clean her BMs as I notice them, but I go back to work tomorrow. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks!
-C

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Welcome to the forum. Redfoots eat their poo,don't be alarmed.

Rockford

5 Year Member
Welcome! I'll be getting my first Cherryhead in 2 weeks. I'll have lots of pics

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi shelli2012:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? ...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

shelli2012

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thanks Everyone!

My name is Caryn and I live in Minnesota. I am working on getting my profile all up to date, but this is my very first forum so I'm slowly figuring all of this out. :)

So my boyfriend, Aaron, and I got Shelli from a Pet Store and they had originally told us she was about 3 months old. I thought she seemd a little big based on the pictures I had seen, but I'm no expert so I didn't question. Well I called back today to see if they had an idea of her birthdate and they told me she was about 8 months old (3 months and 8 months is a HUGE difference)... So I plan on taking her to a vet this week and see if she can give us a better idea on Shelli's age and make sure she's healthy.

Well, as I figure out what I'm doing on here I will post some more pictures!

Thanks again for all of the warm welcomes!
-C

emysemys said:
Hi shelli2012:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? ...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Welcome and congrats! I second Angela on the pics when you get the chance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.