Shelly laid eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayee

5 Year Member
Well our girl finally laid her eggs. We are so proud and hope they are fertile but if not it has been a good experience. Our youngest child was outside and noticed she had dug a hole and was straining above it. We rushed into action to the tractor supply to buy an incubator and to lowes for a thermometer with a humidity gauge. We are happy!

Attachments

• image-140864665.png
    image-140864665.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3095619023.png
    image-3095619023.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 41

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
congrats. Just make sure to secure those eggs so they dont roll when you open the lid. And hope you guys find the vermiculite down yonder. :) good luck.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
shayee said:
Well our girl finally laid her eggs. We are so proud and hope they are fertile but if not it has been a good experience. Our youngest child was outside and noticed she had dug a hole and was straining above it. We rushed into action to the tractor supply to buy an incubator and to lowes for a thermometer with a humidity gauge. We are happy!

Glad they laid eggs for you

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
tortadise said:
congrats. Just make sure to secure those eggs so they dont roll when you open the lid. And hope you guys find the vermiculite down yonder. :) good luck.

LOL! We will. Us hicks have a couple of modern things down here. :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
RonHays said:
tortadise said:

LOL! We will. Us hicks have a couple of modern things down here. :)

I love Hicks, We need more of them in this world

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
She's got a pic of the incubator up top. Is this good enough? The eggs are just laying on the wire grid. The heat is holding steady at about 87 degrees and 65-70% humidity. If we do have it wrong is it ok to move the eggs or just leave them alone?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
RonHays said:
She's got a pic of the incubator up top. Is this good enough? The eggs are just laying on the wire grid. The heat is holding steady at about 87 degrees and 65-70% humidity. If we do have it wrong is it ok to move the eggs or just leave them alone?

I put mine in vermiculite and some warm water Pm me if you need help.. I will try to post a pic af my incubators

These pics are a couple years old but they will work

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
bigred said:
I put mine in vermiculite and some warm water Pm me if you need help.. I will try to post a pic af my incubators

These pics are a couple years old but they will work

Cool. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.