Should I get a Great Dane?

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Because I am very much a dog person I am truly amazed when people don't get the breeds right. Especially with something as obvious as a great Dane. But sometimes puppies are a little more difficult to tell the breeds I guess. That first head-on picture of her and the one in the leaves are just amazing. The one in the leaves almost looks fake :)
Thank you! :) She is very photogenic haha

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
My bestest niece in the world has a couple Danes. While visiting, I was outside having a cup of coffee, the female got in my face, so I did a fast puff in her face. She shook her head, I ended up with Dane slobber in my coffee, in the corner of my eye, all over my face, and even the inside of my ear. We bonded as it were. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413899074.390398.jpg

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
OMG! Too cute for words!

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
She has been battling a bad on and off infection because she has a "hooded vulva" which means she has an unnecessary layer which traps traces of urine in the flap of skin causing bacteria to grow. So, we have to clean her with baby wipes every time she pees (she was having blood in her urine!) The Vet said it is fairly rare but she will grow out of it as her body matures...for now, we have to be extra careful to avoid infections!! She had to be on a special diet of chicken & rice while on her first round of antibiotics, then had to be put on a very bland kibble diet for her sensitive ness. Eventually, I would like to switch her to at least some form of raw diet, when she gets over her small infections, but for now she's on Earthborn Holistic Coastal kibble. I was thinking about the Stella & Chewy's raw diet, at least to start off. Has anyone tried it?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Yes, I have use Stella and chewies. It is a good brand, and there are many other good brands out there also.my favorite has been something called Columbia River naturals, but it is a small company and doesn't distribute very far, just in the Northwest. I also like natures variety, bravo,primal. I often grind my own but I buy things from Oma's pride such as ground turkey frames and ground chicken frames to add more bone because I don't have the expensive kind of grinder that will grind large bones all wine will handle is a few chicken bones, some rabbit and Cornish game hen. Roffe Dean has become very popular so there are many brands out there, many of them are regional but the ones I listed above can be found nationally. I also put 10 to 20% ground vegetables in mine but some people don't. I know a lady that feeds her English mastiff's raw, sometimes they have a problem with the float like other large dogs do. One day one of her dogs got a hold of three of the chubs equaling 6 pounds of raw meat, he ate it all and did not have a single problem. I am not saying to give your dog that much but there is less chance of bloat then with kibble. I personally would still feed twice a day instead of one big meal though but that is just my opinion.