Sick Sulcata needs Rescue--Inland Empire, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJones22

5 Year Member
What big hearts you kind people have. Especially you Ms. Floof. This thread reminds me of the story of the boy and the starfish. Good work Ma'am. Sorry the little guy didn't make it.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
I'm so sorry he didn't make it. :(
Its sad when you do absolutely everything you can and they still don't survive. This guy was just too far gone. I hope this doesn't discourage you from future rescues. The world needs more people like you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I totally agree with Shelly. You have such a big heart.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Jacqui, so was I. :( I was so hopeful that with the right care, he would be able to recover and live a long, happy life. I'm so sad that that was not the case.

I had something similar happen last month, took in a hatchling beardie who was too far gone. It doesn't get any easier, that's for sure.

conservation

10 Year Member!
You did your best. From the looks of the baby tort in the picture you posted, he was already on deaths door before you rescued him.

Travlnwood

5 Year Member
Taylor, I've watched this thread for days now and am so happy that you ended up with this guy. He looks better than I expected. Thanks for your care.
Brad. (I'm the guy in SoCal with Snowflake who hasn't posted any photos yet)

And now I'm reading that (in spite of what you did) he's passed. I'm so sorry. Please trust that the tortoise was exactly where he was supposed to be when this happened.
Thank you for your kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.