Side By Side

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Toad is on the left and Enoch is on the right, They sit there for a while looking around trying to decide whether to venture out or turn around and go back in. They've been living in this house for a couple months and this is the first time I've seen them sitting like this, usually its just one at a time.toadonleft.jpg

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Now that is a wide door! Looks like a perfectly clear and sunny day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really look forward to seeing your threads. You always have something interesting to say. Are both your sulcatas male? Any 'discussions' between them?

Len B

10 Year Member!
It looked like they were whispering something to each other as they watched Walker wander around the big yard. Enoch is 40 lbs at 4 years and Toad is 25 lbs at 2.5 years and both still look to be female. Out of the 5 sulcatas here, Walker is the only one that I know for sure is male, Sylvia is so deformed I can't say for sure about her ( i call her her only because i hope she is) and Alex still has female traits also.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Now that is a wide door! Looks like a perfectly clear and sunny day.
I made it wide enough for the 2 of them to pass each other, The rest of the solid front can be altered easily to widen the door if necessary, Walkers house has a removable insulated panel with an opening just big enough for him pass through.Picture 010.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 017.jpg It locks in at the bottom and is held in place with one screw at the top. It was a nice winter day.

Len B

10 Year Member!
This morning Toad surprised me by coming out early, water and food from yesterday was frozen in the bowls and they were frozen stuck to the ground. I quickly got her some food and water thinking she wouldn't stay out very long because it was only 16 F, the sun was low but not a cloud in the sky. She ate some mazuri LS, never seen her drink but she did check out the ice from her water bowl. She wandered around like it was warm eating some leaves, I was getting a little concerned by the length of time she was out in this cold so I took some shell temps. After 30 minutes they were near 70 F. She stayed out another 10 minutes before going back in. Walker heard me giving him some food and fresh water while I was waiting for Toad to go back in so he had to come out to see what was going on, Walker has been outside for years now, this is only Toads (and 2 others) second winter outside in the cold, I worry and watch them close when it gets this cold.16 degrees.jpg ice cube.jpg nosey walker.jpg We are all the way up to 22 degrees now.