Silly non-herp people

voodoochild

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa FL
They were trying to feed it fruit but, of course, turtles can't eat on land.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just don't understand. With the Internet, you can look up anything, I mean anything. Why can't people look up an animal to see how to care for it. They will post their stupid boring life and everything they do in it, some of it is TMI, yet they can't look up what kind of animal they have and how to care for it. I really don't like most humans.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I just don't understand. With the Internet, you can look up anything, I mean anything. Why can't people look up an animal to see how to care for it. They will post their stupid boring life and everything they do in it, some of it is TMI, yet they can't look up what kind of animal they have and how to care for it. I really don't like most humans.
Hallelujah!! You preach it lady! The more people I know the more I like my dog. And cat and chickens and of course tortoise :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hallelujah!! You preach it lady! The more people I know the more I like my dog. And cat and chickens and of course tortoise :)

I preach it all the time. On here and in my life to most everyone I know. Everyone knows I don't like humans that much. Specially non animal lovers. Oh, they might have a dog or cat. But I'm talking true animal lovers are usually great people and not everyone with an animal is a true animal lover. I always said, don't make me chose between hitting an animal or a human like with my car. I will hit the human and spare the animal. Just the way I see it. Never been hurt by an animal.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
If they didn't know it was a water turtle how would they be able to look up its care I agree with what you said I am just pointing it out

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If they didn't know it was a water turtle how would they be able to look up its care I agree with what you said I am just pointing it out
They could do enough research to find out it's a water turtle. Any 10-year-old could find out information about it in a bout 10 minutes on the Internet. Then go from there.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I preach it all the time. On here and in my life to most everyone I know. Everyone knows I don't like humans that much. Specially non animal lovers. Oh, they might have a dog or cat. But I'm talking true animal lovers are usually great people and not everyone with an animal is a true animal lover. I always said, don't make me chose between hitting an animal or a human like with my car. I will hit the human and spare the animal. Just the way I see it. Never been hurt by an animal.
I definitely agree but just because somebody owns an animal doesn't mean they are an animal lover. Four instance, animal hoarders that think they are doing the right thing but are totally ignorant to the fact that they are usually causing more harm than good. And another group of people who will fight tooth and nail to be able to keep their animals and treat them anyway they want to. I've seen people do the same thing with their kids. They're only care is "it is mine and don't tell me what to do with it".

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
They could do enough research to find out it's a water turtle. Any 10-year-old could find out information about it in a bout 10 minutes on the Internet. Then go from there.
Yah any ten year old could because he grew up in the digital age

turtlemanfla88

Good job. I got a good one for you I do a lot of talks for free of course at my children's school. The kids always ask me when they see me when am I bringing in live animals and talking about them. It broke my heart and made me mad when this little girl tells me a story about she knew it was a baby gopher tortoise from listening to my talks over the years and her grandpa said no and put it in a pond and it sunk so he told her it swam to the bottom. I told her she was right and it sunk because it drowned. Common sense is not so common.

voodoochild

10 Year Member!
Tampa FL
If people would just post a pic of the animal on Facebook, odds are someone with some knowledge will chime in.

turtlemanfla88

The sad thing is a lot of children are more into electronics then into animals and nature. It is because people are not taking the time to take them to zoos,parks, and explore the outdoors. I see it and hear to often. Mom and Dad buy them a pet and instead of buy a book they jump on the Internet and believe everything they read. "Like I am a French model we we" lol. I hope maybe this year I can a bunch of our members and others to go out to schools with live animals on National turtle day and teach others about these great animals.