Size?

boba_child

Location (City and/or State)
Ashford
I have been looking all evening on how big a Greek Spur Thighed Tortoise get since being hatched to its maximum size.
If you could please forward a link or state it below in the comments, it would be much appreciated. Xx

E.G:
0 days -
1 year -
2 years -

Etc etc

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Which subspecies? They each grow to a different size.

The nabeulensis (Tunisian) reaches only 4.5" (males) and 6.5" (females) in adult size.
The terrestris (Mesopotamian) get to about 6" (males) and 8-10" (females).
On the larger end is the Ibera, maxing out around 7-9" (males), and 11-13" (females).
Most of the other subspecies are in the middle range with the terrestris.

I measure all my hatchlings monthly but they are still around 3-4" in size, so it will be a few more years before I could provide the data you seek.

Perhaps @HermanniChris can help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have been looking all evening on how big a Greek Spur Thighed Tortoise get since being hatched to its maximum size.
If you could please forward a link or state it below in the comments, it would be much appreciated. Xx

E.G:
0 days -
1 year -
2 years -

Etc etc
They grow at wildly different rates and for a wide variety of reasons. Because the extremes can be so far apart between faster and slower growers, any average is meaningless.

If you get a well started baby that has been kept warm and hydrated, and then feed and care for it correctly , it will grow much faster than one that has been kept outside all day, soaked infrequently and fed romaine, which is what many breeders do.