Size

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi.

My 4 month salcuta is 121 grams. Am I on the right track.
That is pretty good. Definitely within the range that suggests all is well. Pics of the tortoise and enclosure would help us evaluate further.

MoeCis

Mesa. AZ
Awesome. Thanks. This is 4 month old Sully. He is in a 20 gallon right now but his Christmas gift is a 55. I get to pick that up next week.

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpeg
    IMG_2651.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Changes are needed ASAP. Too dry, needs 80% humidity. He is already starting to pyramid. The bulbs you are using, likely are bad for him and also causing pyramiding.
His enclosure I know you are upgrading, but the 55 if not going to last long and he will need a bigger one. If they can't roam around in a big enough enclosure, they end up not walking properly, dragging legs and insides can function better when they can keep moving.
You need a closed chamber. I will attach a picture of one that is reasonable and will last until he moves outside.
Screenshot_20231118-181319.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awesome. Thanks. This is 4 month old Sully. He is in a 20 gallon right now but his Christmas gift is a 55. I get to pick that up next week.
I agree with Wellington. Please read this thread and look for the sulcata care sheet at the bottom. You have received the wrong care info and it is doing permanent damage to your tortoise every day. Here is the right care info: