Slight assistance!

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
So I am making a L shaped enclosure. But the way the sealing plexiglass glass works it will have one 4'x2' and one 6'x2' enclosure. I also have some rubber maid tubs which are like 18" by 38" I have 6 of those which is what houses them now. I have a total of 8 tortoises. 4 sulcatas 2redfoots and 2 Russians. The sulcatas sizes are, 9" , 7" , 3" , and 3". The redfoots are 8", and 7". The Russians are 5" and 4.5" the Russians live together, and my two 3" sulcatas live together. Everyone else has theirown cages. So I was going to put my sulcata (9") in the 6'x2' cage and then then the redfoots in the 4'x2' the Russians would stay in the tub as well as my two babies and my 6". Below are some pictures. I'm going to have a total of 13 plug ins... So I was thinking, 10 for lights and 3 for under tank heaters for the torts on the floor. These pictures are kinda old there more variations I've made to each cage. Fire tips and questions away.

Also, these are only for cold nights and bad weather. They will all EACH have their own individual pens.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1392318834.853935.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1392318891.571000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is this for winter only? The sizes, are way to small for any of your torts. Even the Russians, although small, naturally cover a big area in the wild. If this is temporary for winter only, it will work, but you should find a way to get much larger space for them.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
This is until march then when it warms up I'll make them all outdoor pens. This is also for nights and any cold/bad weather. Next year however, my redfoots and sulcata will probably be way to big so they will have houses outside.