Slime and Squeaky tortoise

harrythetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
It's an improvement! I would also add a terra cotta saucer for water dish.
You can also add some more hides, plants (you can use some fake ones too) so enclosure looks nice and full. Sherdill will feel more secure and less anxious if he has lots of places to hide. That's what they do in the nature.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
It's an improvement! I would also add a terra cotta saucer for water dish.
You can also add some more hides, plants (you can use some fake ones too) so enclosure looks nice and full. Sherdill will feel more secure and less anxious if he has lots of places to hide. That's what they do in the nature.
I've heard that terracotta absorbs water. So my parents said that they saw a different smaller dish that is a bit different material

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Yeah I give him some water after every meal, since there is no other way to feed him. I will probably get him the water dish soon.
Leave water in 24x 7. Very important. They will not drink when you wish. Very important they can climb in and drink or soak.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Do we have an update?!
Yes! We tried an online vet because there are no vets available in my country at the moment. They didn't say much but they said we could try giving him some steam to help is sniffles. We updated his enclosure and moved him upstairs which reaches about 30 - 40 degrees. So far, he hasn't got any slime coming from his nose anymore. He seems much happier too.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Yay! I am so happy to hear that!
what a difference it makes in your tort with the proper care, am I right?!

Anothy

Toronto
Reading this thread was very stressful. ?

I'm so glad that the latest thread updates are that enclosure is improving and most importantly that Sherdil is getting better.

Great job, @Sherdil on seeking help and doing what needed to be done for Sherdil.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Hey! Do we have an update? How’s Sherdil? And can we have some pics of the new enclosure please? :)
@Karen(pebbles) @Chefdenoel10 Oh, sorry! I haven't been very active on this for a while. Update is: My family has traveled with me, and we left sherdil with another family. We brought sherdil back, and since they were a one-floor house, sherdil was a bit cold. He got his sniffles again. But that was a week back. I placed him back upstairs where he gets sunlight and heat. The sniffles have gone again. One thing we did was switch his lettuce to some other vegetables like cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes. He loves the tomatoes and carrots so much, that he doesn't dare touch the lettuce. I don't think that carrots and tomatoes are enough to fill him, so I might need some help. Are there any other leafy greens you think sherdil might like? Please tell me! (Also I found out that giving tomatoes are bad to tortoises especially if you give a lot, but he likes them a lot...) Oh and I really want to take him to the vet to see if any of the infection is still in him, but vets are 50 dollars here, so I'm only doing it if he gets extremely sick, for now he is great. Water is still a problem for him though... His eyes swell when he gets into it so i daily take him soaks for hydration.