"Snack-bite" is getting pretty darn big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I am going to have to start calling her by her big-girl name, Zahara ;)

Here she was, 5 weeks old, 7 grams -

KristinasPictures3877.jpg

And here is her beautiful self, just over a year old and 97 grams!

DSCF7856.jpg

Don't tell my other tortoises, but she is by far my favorite. Just a funny, active, very personable little gal!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Pretty dirty, lol! She's a little mud goblin, I scrubbed her before I took the picture and she was still all muddy ;)

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
She looks absolutely beautiful! Love the coloring, even if it does include mud! :p

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Where did you her ? I want two Greek tortoises badly.

BrinnANDGupta said:
Where did you her ? I want two Greek tortoises badly.

Where did you get her ? ** sorry I forgot a word. Lol :tort:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I got her from EgyptianDan here on the forum, but he hasn't posted since August and hasn't logged in since the beginning of the month, so I am not sure how easy he would be to get a hold of.

GBTortoises and HermanniChris often have babies available. I think that Chris has some Ibera babies for sale now.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow she is stunning!! Look how much she has changed!!
What a beautiful girl :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Kristina said:
I got her from EgyptianDan here on the forum, but he hasn't posted since August and hasn't logged in since the beginning of the month, so I am not sure how easy he would be to get a hold of.

GBTortoises and HermanniChris often have babies available. I think that Chris has some Ibera babies for sale now.

You seem to know a lot about the people on this forum so what about box turtles and wood turtles lol i just don't know how I feel about going to those sights where you just add a tortoise to a cart and then check out like your on amazon or something... Without talking to anyone or anything.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I'm pretty sure that Chris has boxes and woods as well.

I know what you mean about just buying without any contact from the breeder. I am really picky with how my tortoises are started, so I always buy from private individuals that I can talk to about their care methods. One thing that you can do is contact the owner of the business and see if they are willing to talk to you prior to a sale and answer your questions. For example, Tyler Stewart is a member here, and he owns www.tortoisesupply.com He is always willing to talk to his customers before and after if they have any questions. He does have a site with a shopping cart, but that doesn't mean he isn't willing to be helpful.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
RE: "Snack-bite" is getting pretty darn big!

Kristina said:
I'm pretty sure that Chris has boxes and woods as well.

I know what you mean about just buying without any contact from the breeder. I am really picky with how my tortoises are started, so I always buy from private individuals that I can talk to about their care methods. One thing that you can do is contact the owner of the business and see if they are willing to talk to you prior to a sale and answer your questions. For example, Tyler Stewart is a member here, and he owns www.tortoisesupply.com He is always willing to talk to his customers before and after if they have any questions. He does have a site with a shopping cart, but that doesn't mean he isn't willing to be helpful.

Thanks for putting me towards Chris !! I just bought some Greeks from him. Very excited about it

BrinnANDGupta said:
Thanks for putting me towards Chris !! I just bought some Greeks from him. Very excited about it

Pointing*** lol not putting. I think about to kill my auto correct feature

Status
Not open for further replies.