Snapper eggs?

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
Anyone here familiar with incubating snapper eggs? If anyone is I would greatly like to ask a few questions. I found a nest that had been dug up by animals there was 2 eggs left in it. ( Hence why I have forgotten to tell you all about them) there's so few, compared to my boxie eggs. I own a yearling snapper turtle already so I won't be keeping. Just hatch and release [emoji846]

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Nothing special to do, just treat the same as the box turtle eggs.
Okay well one of the eggs had started to dent and has a hole in the top that is flaking. It seems to be broken from the inside as I can feel the ledges being pushed out. But two spots on it have started to dent in as of this morning. No changes in humidity or temp. I have spritzed it and have had humidity on it all morning and it hasn't popped out. I have no idea how old it is. I can see a big baby inside when candling he is very active yet. I'm just worried that something went wrong. But have questioned whether it could be hatching like my boxie eggs? Isn't that odd though? For both clutches to start pipping at the same time?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Maybe not if you have the eggs together. A while back I believe it was here on this forum there was a discussion about how and why all the hatchlings emerge at the same time even though they are incubating at different temps because of depths in the nest. Maybe it pertains to plural species and not just singular species if the incubation times are close to being the same. Other than that it could be just by chance.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I bet that was a very interesting thread. I was wondering if something like that was possible. Yes, they are being incubated together. I wasn't sure if that would have any effect on the development. That sounds completely plausible.