Ruszian Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
TX
Does no one else always have soap on their hands, even after rinsing?! I wash my hands before giving my tortoise a bath... And I can never get all the soap off! So I always wonder/suspect there to be soap in her bath! Any suggestions? Oh, also.. I always scrub off her bath with soap and water before.... And it's hard to get all the soap of... So I just focus on getting the inside and it's walls free of soap. The outside I don't really care as much.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Please understand that you are NOT giving a bath to a tortoise...you are simply soaking him to keep him hydrated. In my opinion you only need to wash your hands after the soaking not before, and leave him alone for a bit while he's soaking so he can drink and poop in 'privacy'...

Ruszian Tortoise

TX
Please understand that you are NOT giving a bath to a tortoise...you are simply soaking him to keep him hydrated. In my opinion you only need to wash your hands after the soaking not before, and leave him alone for a bit while he's soaking so he can drink and poop in 'privacy'...
Ok. Thank you! I know it isn't really a bath, but I don't want her to be drinking soap/whatever is on my hands.
Thank you!