Some questions

Harryboy2000

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol
Firstly is it ok for tortoise to be near other animals like dogs when there in there terrarium ( is just high enough for the dog to see in a little) ?

Is it ok for doors to be open or window near the cage and for it to have a flow of wind ?

How do it know if my tortoise is stressed ?

Can it be around loud noise ?

If I get some slate from out side do I have to boil/put it in the oven and do I also have to do it with weed, plants and flowers from outside ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Firstly is it ok for tortoise to be near other animals like dogs when there in there terrarium ( is just high enough for the dog to see in a little) ?
Yes fine. Your dog may be fascinated, but can’t get to the tort to chew it. Make sure your tort can get out of the gaze of your dog if your dog is one of those that has to peer in constantly. A few strategically placed plants will do the job.

Is it ok for doors to be open or window near the cage and for it to have a flow of wind ?
If the terrarium is enclosed then it shouldn’t make much difference. Check the thermometer to see what’s happening.
How do it know if my tortoise is stressed ?
It becomes withdrawn, hides away and/or stops eating.
Can it be around loud noise ?
Preferably not. Torts prefer a peaceful and undisturbed life in familiar territory with no surprises. Occasionally is unlikely to do lasting harm.
If I get some slate from out side do I have to boil/put it in the oven and do I also have to do it with weed, plants and flowers from outside ?
Rinse things thoroughly under the tap before using them in the enclosure. Only take things from outside if you are certain they haven’t bern exposed to weedkiller, pesticides or any other chemicals.