Some Visitors at the Sanctuary

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well we had some visitors at the sanctuary/conservatory yesterday. Makes me really forget just how large my sulcatas are. Lacey is a 7 year old girl who is now very fascinated with tortoises. Her grandparents adopted a 7 year old sulcata that had MBD from me and she said "she cant wait for her to get this big". Kinda sad that the one that they adopted wont get as big as these guys, but all in all a great day for her with the biggens.

Mimi (female is on the left) Pops (male on the right)
photo1.jpg

IMG_20121110_1710271.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. Love the rock wall and the painting on the building. Did you ever post a pic of that building? Don't remember seeing it or the rock fence. Hmm, did I miss it or are you holding back on the pics:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Probably holding back. The rock wall is very cool, I wouldnt do it again though, it roughs up the shells a bit. That was one of my first buildings, its getting old and will be torn down spring time for a nicer one actually. But I can snap some photos of it.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
Very cool pics! Nice looking pair. Are they male and female? How old are they?!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
acrantophis said:
Very cool pics! Nice looking pair. Are they male and female? How old are they?!

Yep. Female is on the left, she likes to get dirty obvioualy. Male is on the right. They are both 14 years old. She was 124 last time I weighed her (back in summer) and the male was at 153, the female is right at 28" and the male is at 26". Kinda funny everyone thinks mimi is the male when thwy firat go up and see them because shes more girthy and thick than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.