1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

SOMETHING ALARMING!

Discussion in 'Advanced Tortoise Topics' started by Champoi bibiano, May 7, 2017.

1. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member

This is absurd. These pages are filled with smooth tortoise of those species. And San Diego does not have humid weather most of the year. And, as has already been mentioned, sun has nothing to do with pyramiding or not.

Where the sulcata comes from, they have a hot humid rainy season for 3-4 months every year. Conditions are like Florida or New Orleans in summer there. This is when baby sulcatas hatch. During the dry portion of the year, they live in warm damp underground burrows to escape the heat above ground.

Further, did you ever put a meter under a Vita-Lite? They produce a nice looking light spectrum, but almost no UV.

What you are suffering from is called superstition. You are observing things in front of you and jumping to incorrect conclusions for the wrong reasons.

Because you posted this on Champoi's thread, I needed to respond to it here, but this is not the place for this discussion. If you want to discuss this further, learn where you've gone wrong logically speaking, and learn what really works and why we know what really works, I'm happy to oblige, but you'll need to start your own thread on the topic.
  2. Pearly

Pearly Well-Known Member

Well done, Craig
  3. Champoi bibiano

Champoi bibiano Member

Thankyou so much :)
  4. Salspi

Salspi Active Member

Honestly, your sulcata does NOT look pyramided (is this a word?) at all to me. I’m not sure why you were told that. Looks very nice!