Sore eye

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi all,
Last year Tabby's eye in the corner looked red and sore. The vet said she couldn't see anything in there and gave me some eye drops. It kept coming back over the 3 months up to her hibernating. We thought it might of been something in her enclosure that could have been irritating her eye, but this year she has been outside most of the time.

I have some more eye drops which I have been using over the last 2 months. Some days her eye looks normal and other days it flares up and sometimes she has bubbles of water in and around it. It is only her right eye and never had a problem with the left eye.

Her general health is good, she is a good weight, active and eating like there is no tomorrow. She is a TGG about 80 years old.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how do I get rid of it? I have attached a photo of the bottom corner of her eye, (taken a screenshot from a video, so excuse the play arrow),

Thanks

Attachments

• Tabby Eye.jpg
    Tabby Eye.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 8

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. I think when one turns 80, it’s ok to have a few things not 100%.

So, i was thinking, how often do you soak? If it’s only once in awhile, id increase the number, duration, and warmth of the soaks.

Good luck, Happy Torting

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
England
Greetings. I think when one turns 80, it’s ok to have a few things not 100%.

So, i was thinking, how often do you soak? If it’s only once in awhile, id increase the number, duration, and warmth of the soaks.

Good luck, Happy Torting

Hi,
I soak her once a week anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes, depends when she wants to come out and always luke warm water. She does sometimes 'paw' at her eye so it must be uncomfortable for her.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi,
I soak her once a week anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes, depends when she wants to come out and always luke warm water. She does sometimes 'paw' at her eye so it must be uncomfortable for her.

I would suggest that you increase to daily for a week or two. And soak at the longer end, not 5 mins. Good luck