SOS Marginated Tortoise MBD Advice

ryan57

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
PA
Yes, skip the vets suggestions.
Get the changes needed made.
As for the food, pellets and calcium, you have to out smart them.
Get the mazuri pellets not the LS one, just plain tortoise mazuri pellets. At first take one or two pellets and soak them till mushy. Smear them on the food that your tort likes the best after you have chopped it up small. At the same time chop up some better foods and mix that in along with a pinch of calcium and get vitamin powder too. Spritz with water. As he gets used to eating this, use less and less of the not so good lettuce and more and more of the better stuff
Couldn't agree more. If you have a food processor, place the greens and soaked Mazuri in it. They will not be able to separate the good food from what they want to eat. Same with calcium powder. They are ALL gifted with a beak to pick out what they want. My big one absolutely hates Mazuri now but I crush it dry and mix it with the greens so he gets some.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Couldn't agree more. If you have a food processor, place the greens and soaked Mazuri in it. They will not be able to separate the good food from what they want to eat. Same with calcium powder. They are ALL gifted with a beak to pick out what they want. My big one absolutely hates Mazuri now but I crush it dry and mix it with the greens so he gets some.
Wooo Hooo Happy birthday!!

ryan57

Today is my birthday!
PA
Wooo Hooo Happy birthday!!
Thanks Maggie. 52. Wouldn't you know my hip was killing me for the first time yesterday. My warranty must have been 52 years. LOL! Like one of my good friends. always says, "Getting old is not for sissies".

Then you add these ginormous beasts into the mix...