Stagger step?!

Mandysaur

Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
I would to do it that way. Mazuri is carefully balanced nutrition. Adding calcium upsets that fine balance. Better to add the calcium to greens or other foods that might be lacking in calcium.
I didn’t think about that. Thank you. I will switch it up.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
This is way off base my man. Around 10 pounds a year is really good growth with the right temps, hydration, and diet. 40 pounds at 3 years old is on the large end of the spectrum. Mine don't even grow 10 pounds a year once I move them outside.

Someone on this forum told me they gain weight that fast. I cant remember who but I guess I just decided to believe the wrong person.
Yes my ex-roommate has a Sulcata, who is possibly 8 years old and if I had to guess since the last time I saw him in January might be 60#, that would be a growth of 7.5#/year.
20#/year would mean a 60 year old Sulcata would be 1200#. I'm not sure where you got 20#/year but I personally would be skeptical of that data.
And YES, I do realize there is a difference between the size and weight of adult Sulcata's & Leopard's
And I guess I should apologize to you @MenagerieGrl I was just so full of myself and I truly thought that I was right.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yup. He eats all those. I put powdered calcium on his mazuri once a week.
Remember that calcium can not be absorbed without UV exposure to make vitamin D, but it appears he is outside in Texas, so that should not be a problem.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Someone on this forum told me they gain weight that fast. I cant remember who but I guess I just decided to believe the wrong person.

And I guess I should apologize to you @MenagerieGrl I was just so full of myself and I truly thought that I was right.
Hey Thomas. . .NO reason to apologize, and don't be so hard on yourself..