Stopped By Petco Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I stopped to see if they had gotten any new russian tortoises in, They had 2 in the enclosure and one was facing away from me and I could tell it was a female from a distance, She turned her head towards me and then lifted her rear end up and pooped, a really nice one, it looked healthy, I ask if I could measure her and she measured right at 5 inches, was heavy and clean looking.I put her back and went out to the car where my wife was waiting for me, told her what they had and I said after we finish with her deliveries we would stop on the way back and get her. So doing it this way it wont be a spur of the moment purchase? (right) She is the smallest one I have but she will grow.

tiddles

5 Year Member
Shes beautiful. I have a dark russian too hes about the same size as your girl :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. I like the way you did that. As if you were going to even think about not going back. However, technically, not a spur of the moment purchase:D

bigsteaks

5 Year Member
Deptford NJ
lucky find for you!!!! I have 2 males and all they wanna do is "LOVE" each other?????? dont they know they are both boys. lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ha! I was sure you were going to say that by the time you got back it had been sold.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Ha! I was sure you were going to say that by the time you got back it had been sold.

Yeah me to I even doubled read to see if I had missed something;)!!

lkwagner

5 Year Member
bigsteaks said:
lucky find for you!!!! I have 2 males and all they wanna do is "LOVE" each other?????? dont they know they are both boys. lol.

Are you sure it's not signs of aggression? I have read a lot that 2 Russians should not be housed together.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Beautiful girl, not quite an impulse buy-that's funny but true!
Enjoy your new girl.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lkwagner said:
bigsteaks said:

Are you sure it's not signs of aggression? I have read a lot that 2 Russians should not be housed together.

It most likely is aggression and should be watched very closely and be prepared to separate them onto their own enclosures.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I hope you get lots an slots of babies. What is your Russian tally now?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I've had good luck with this store,Of course the tortoise enclosure is to small but they take pretty good care of all their reptiles. Plus you get a 15 day warranty with vet care if necessary, never needed a vet visit with anything I bought there.(knock on wood) She is the 4th female I have from them and my lone male I got from ATC. One more female and I will get another male.

Status
Not open for further replies.