Storing or growing weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

5 Year Member
How do you provide beneficial weeds? I like to keep my grass cut. Do you grow in a pot or have a weed garden? Do you bag some in the fridge? Can you purchase weed seeds? hehe

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Personally I have several dandelions growing in big pots, among other things.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some of us have given in to the weeds/tortoise thing, and don't so much worry about a well-maintained, sculptured lawn any more.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Do ALL your neighbours keep their lawns as nice as yours??? Surely you could do a public service and weed their gardens for them??

In all seriousness, I pick whatever I find when my garden gets low, and if that's at the side of the road then I stop and do it anyway!!

I do have a reputation as a crazy tortoise lady, but hey, there are worse things.......

Mel

5 Year Member
So did the Dandelions transplant easily? I need a book on weeds to take outside. Would just watching her choice of what she eats be a safe indicator as to the weeds I should put in her enclosure? I mean do they know what is poisonous?

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
Hi...
I actually collect seed and plants... Weeds are easy to grow... Sow the seed in a place that gets sun during the afternoon, water so that the ground remains slightly moist and forget them... Dig mature weeds to include a root mass as large as the foliage mass, try not to break up root mass... Transplant to area you wish to have them growing water every day for 5 days then back off to every other day... until new growth is detected then deep water once weekly after that... Many weeds stop growing once the temperature consistently reaches above 70 during the day... Select different weeds for different seasons of the year... Trade/buy weeds/seeds with like minded people... My self I collect Erodium and trifolium as well as danilions... I usually have extra seed to trade of sell...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My back yard is a grass and weed factory... I about laughed at a home depot employee the other day when he asked if I needed any weed killer...

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
Some of us have given in to the weeds/tortoise thing, and don't so much worry about a well-maintained, sculptured lawn any more.

That describes my backyard

Status
Not open for further replies.