Strange behaviour

lacrime

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I admit I haven’t been much active around here-though I do follow threads and read discussions- this forum has been a great help to me when my Bicirik got sick a couple of years ago. So this is the only place I can come to for any kind of help because the vets here know nothing about tortoises.

My Bicirik, I realized, got out of his portion of our garden and I found him wondering somewhere else. I brought him in to his garden but he was pulling his head in his shell and scratching at it and kept opening and closing his mouth like he was trying to breathe. This panicked me a great deal, especially after he started making some squeaking noise. I hope this is the right place to ask this. I’ll try to post a video on here if I can. Any ideas what’s happening? I read somewhere that he moght’ve been overheated? He ate some of the stuff I gave him, and went straight for his enclosed spot in the garden and now he’s there.

I’d appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Ps. I can’t upload the file but I hope someone still understands.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hi. Try to find some way of getting assistance to have pics/video uploaded, it would help us to help you and your tortoise.