What to watch after a close call

Status
Not open for further replies.

batchick

5 Year Member
I just got back from an overseas trip and my first port of call was to find Ned in the garden. I couldn't find him in any of his usual spots, and was about to give up and look again tomorrow when I smelled something. I traced it back and found Ned having rammed himself in a piece of pool equipment that had been left out. It is a tube that is a little narrower at one end than the other. He'd got himself stuck and rolled over. He'd obviously panicked as there was a lot of poop.
I don't know how long he'd been there, but there fresh (a day or twos old) poop in his usual spots. I pulled him back out the pipe and immediately gave him a soak. I then put him near his water source with some food. He has taken two hibiscus flowers and a strawberry from me already and his starting on some butternut squash. He doesn't seem to have any rub marks, but I will look again at his back leg area.
Should I just take this as a close call or is there anything more you can recommend to help him get over the experience (ways to get him to replenish lost fluids?)
Thanks

Ok. So, I have a sighting of him having been up and about in the garden early this morning, so he was stuck there a maximum of about 6 hours. Not a bad as I'd feared, but still clearly stressful and cost him a lot of liquid.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
batchick said:
I just got back from an overseas trip and my first port of call was to find Ned in the garden. I couldn't find him in any of his usual spots, and was about to give up and look again tomorrow when I smelled something. I traced it back and found Ned having rammed himself in a piece of pool equipment that had been left out. It is a tube that is a little narrower at one end than the other. He'd got himself stuck and rolled over. He'd obviously panicked as there was a lot of poop.
I don't know how long he'd been there, but there fresh (a day or twos old) poop in his usual spots. I pulled him back out the pipe and immediately gave him a soak. I then put him near his water source with some food. He has taken two hibiscus flowers and a strawberry from me already and his starting on some butternut squash. He doesn't seem to have any rub marks, but I will look again at his back leg area.
Should I just take this as a close call or is there anything more you can recommend to help him get over the experience (ways to get him to replenish lost fluids?)
Thanks

Ok. So, I have a sighting of him having been up and about in the garden early this morning, so he was stuck there a maximum of about 6 hours. Not a bad as I'd feared, but still clearly stressful and cost him a lot of liquid.

I don't have anything useful to say, just good job finding him! Sounds like he was rammed in a place that most people would never think to search

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Maybe just make sure that area is kinda blocked off from him from gettimg in there again. If im not miataking yohr starting summer now? Which can get warm and dont want him to get stuck and the sun could do irreversable damage or damage. Glad you caught him.

Status
Not open for further replies.