strange button sized disc in feces [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Coffee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
U.S.A.
exoticsdr said:
What sex is Dr. Coffee and how old? Not many things that perfectly round that would naturally be found coming from that area but it sure looks like it has some dried up blood vessels in it. Makes me wonder if it is an inspissated ova (basically a dehydrated egg yolk). I've had to remove them surgically from birds before and some of them have been strangely shaped because they generally get stuck in the oviduct for a period of time.

I got Him/her a couple months ago and I was told he was six. I posted pics in this thread http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Could-My-Tortoise-really-be-almost-7-pics#axzz1IfLW6HOV

The people on that thread guessed that it actually was a male. I could definitely see it being a dried up egg yolk though.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i had a slider that ate anything , he roam around outside and ate what ever he could get. he passed rocks and god knows what. i too would bring that thing(juju bead) lol' to the vet and watch where he roams. good luck lindy

firework

5 Year Member
I think it's a part of his body came off. The color and the shape seems like his boy's part was somehow squeezed into a thin piece and just came off.

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
Shaped looks man made but the color, texture(jujubee) and little vein thing make me think its organic.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Cute tort! You know at first I thought he may have a man made thing, but like someone else has mention, it looks like blood vessels and i would want to know what it was.it also (to me) would drive me crazy not knowing! good luck, lindy PS. If you have another tort. mybe he bit him & that part belongs to someone else!

N2TORTS said:
I think I see a picture of JESUES in the first picture! ....
ITS A "MIRACLE" ..............:p

Glad your tort ...passed that strange thingy"

JD~:) your too funny! lindy

N2TORTS said:
I think I see a picture of JESUES in the first picture! ....
ITS A "MIRACLE" ..............:p

Glad your tort ...passed that strange thingy"

JD~:) your too funny! lindy

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
In the thread you linked to, it looks like Tom referred to your tort as a "she". If you post a picture of "his" plastron (under side) especially the tail area, someone should be able to sex your tortoise for you.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
Do you use store brand Timothy hay? The kind you feed to rodents? It kinda looks like the dried carrots you find in that.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-04-05 at 21.03.jpg
    Photo on 2011-04-05 at 21.03.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 45

Dr. Coffee

5 Year Member
U.S.A.
Mean Guy said:
Do you use store brand Timothy hay? The kind you feed to rodents? It kinda looks like the dried carrots you find in that.
:tort: No, I use orchard grass. there aren't any carrots in it. I give him carrots, but I shred them first.
exoticsdr said:
Not many things that perfectly round that would naturally be found coming from that area but it sure looks like it has some dried up blood vessels in it. Makes me wonder if it is an inspissated ova (basically a dehydrated egg yolk).
:tort: Like birds, do tortoises produce unfertilized eggs from time to time?

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks like a pill with an easy to swallow coating, Advil, Sudafed, or something like that.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Still looks like a membrane, I would say it's a undeveloped egg,

Maybe your tort is an ALIEN!,!!!:D

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Dr. Coffee said:
Mean Guy said:
:tort: No, I use orchard grass. there aren't any carrots in it. I give him carrots, but I shred them first.
exoticsdr said:
Not many things that perfectly round that would naturally be found coming from that area but it sure looks like it has some dried up blood vessels in it. Makes me wonder if it is an inspissated ova (basically a dehydrated egg yolk).
:tort: Like birds, do tortoises produce unfertilized eggs from time to time?

absolutely

EricIvins

5 Year Member
I don't see veins or capilaries, I see either wood grain, cork, or something that is similiar to wood.......I've seen old Ova come out of a myriad of Reptiles, but they were never perfectly ( or close enough to perfect ) round.......They were always oblong or similiar to that in shape........I would think that it hasn't been in the digestive tract too long either.......

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
b02e40c8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.