Stressed Tortoise??

Chloe_1102

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
CEAB1335-7036-40BB-9E98-F97BFB47AFCF.jpeg 515A2EC4-7486-4CC6-945A-C0B90774A601.jpeg 01D17A59-77A7-4740-8A86-D435378B482C.jpeg Hello Everyone! I’m very worried about my girl Hazel. She’s around 2.5 years old and she’s a Greek tort. We just moved into our new home Saturday- 2 days ago. Her enclosure is the same, but temporarily has top soil only (I’m getting her regular cypress mulch tonight) and the humidity is slightly high due to the new soil (drying out nicely each day). The temps around the table are the same (86 warm end, 110 hot spot, 70 cool end) and the decor in the table is the same stuff just in different places. She’s eating and getting in her water dish per usual. I’m concerned because she is MUCH more active than normal. She is pacing the walls of the enclosure, scratching to get out, and mowing over all her plants (which is unlike her). Is this what a stressed tortoise acts like? Everything I’ve read describes more lethargic and sulking behavior... but she’s definitely scratching at the walls a lot more than usual. Could this be due to the move and the changes inside the enclosure? How should I help her? Thanks for the help in advance!

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Its due to the change in environment she is not content and is looking for a way out. Give her a few days to settle and make sure she cannot see out of her enclosure.

Ramirezm2

5 Year Member
Elk Grove CA
Yes definitely give it a week or two for it to acclimate. Be sure to keep those temperatures at a constant. Sometimes even not handing it during the acclimation period can help as well

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Tortpises are sight orientated in regards to their tertitory (1 nice thing about having a tortoise as the state reptile, lots & lots of studies done) you move stuff around she thinks new territory possible new rivals. So right now she is trying to get away. Give her some time to settle down