Stuffy nose?

jerryl

Hello , about 3 days ago i noticed my tors has a stuffy nose in his left nostril. But he is still breathing fine, no squeaking or open mouth breathing. Could this be an issue tat i shud worry about?

And i noticed my tors love to sleep under basking spot all the time, it is 95F , could it be a prob to them too cause the temp was too high and dint create a natural day and night temp cycle?

Attachments

• 1397956978573.jpg
    1397956978573.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
M

Maggie Cummings

It sounds like you are leaving the basking light on at night? That's not good. They need a day and night schedule. They need to be able to cool off at night. I use a black light bulb on my small torts at night and the basking light is off. It should be on for 12 hours and off for 12 (or so). 95 degrees is ok for the day and I let my small torts cool off to 70 or so at night. He needs to be soaked daily and tomorrow after his soaking use a tooth pick and see if you can clean out that nostril...carefully!

jerryl

Sorry my mistake, i using CHE by nighttime to keep their enclosure temp around 80-85F but right under CHE's temp is 92-95F..
They just wont sleep at cold site whenever i move him to the cold site he will crawl back to the basking site rite away lol..