Substrate/ plants

katrinaC

Location (City and/or State)
Eugene Oregon
Hello! I just got a cute little spekes hingeback. It's been really hard finding information about these guys but I've done fairly well. So we're having trouble keeping humidity up with him. It's averaging at 70. It seems from what I've found it should be higher? The pet store gave me cypress mulch to use but I wonder if that's the best? I have some moss for my frog and thinking I could throw some on top of his hidey spot. Also, what about live plants in there? I know that will help but what's save in case he eats it? Any other suggestions about anything other than this question is appreciated as well. I'm so excited about my little guy! Thanks for your help

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
Hello! I just got a cute little spekes hingeback. It's been really hard finding information about these guys but I've done fairly well. So we're having trouble keeping humidity up with him. It's averaging at 70. It seems from what I've found it should be higher? The pet store gave me cypress mulch to use but I wonder if that's the best? I have some moss for my frog and thinking I could throw some on top of his hidey spot. Also, what about live plants in there? I know that will help but what's save in case he eats it? Any other suggestions about anything other than this question is appreciated as well. I'm so excited about my little guy! Thanks for your help
Welcome to the forum. I'll leave it to others to advise you on substrate. Give them more informaton about your enclosure--is it open or closed, size, lights, temps. Photos of both your tort & enclosure will help. Congrats on your tort.

This is the most current up-to-date info site for best care & feeding.