Suggestions needed for divider walls

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I am starting on my biggest project yet and need suggestions. This will be a 1/4 acre yard divided into 5 enclosures. It will have box turtles, elongateds, erosas and meps in their own separate yards. I am putting up chain link as the perimeter fencing, except one side, which already has no climb horse fencing. What I am trying to decide on now, is what to use as the divider walls and a sight barrier around the inside of the perimeter. I have used wood in the other smaller yards and that works fine but for larger spaces is there anything else I can use. Not really interested in using cement blocks as there is no way to drive up to this area and I am doing this by myself. I was thinking about metal roofing panels.... any thoughts??
Here is a rough sketch of the area and how it will be divided. Any suggestions welcome!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What if you did the cheaper dog eared privacy fence. Cut them down to 2 or 3 feet high and put them up. Depending on the size panels you get, and the height you cut them, you could get 2-3 sections out of each. They will still let some light and air through them, as the boards are not tight together. They are easy to repair too, as you can buy the boards individually also.

M

Maggie Cummings

Stack railroad ties? Or wooden stakes cut and put vertically. It would take a lot of them, but looks cool.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Corrugated metal works. They come in 2'x8' panels. So you can trench then down into the ground about 6" and still have a high wall. I think one panel is under 10 bucks. Or you can use landscape timbers and Lincoln log them. I started using those. They work great. I bought a pallet which was 80 pieces it cost 375 bucks and did 4 pens, 1 8x8 pen, 2 8x12 pens and 1 12x16 pen. The walls aren't as tall on the smaller ones. But they are 18" high except the mountains, there's is 28" or so high.image.jpg