Sulcata Cuttlebone

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
I got some cuttlebone for my sulcata and he doesn't seem to like it. He goes up to it and looks but then just keeps walking by. Is there any way to get them to eat the cuttlebone you do you just wait until they realize they can eat it?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Some eat it some don't . It's a good idea to keep one with them . If you scrape some onto his food he will eat it .

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
How long have you had it in there for your sully?

In the year that I've had my two sullys, I've only ever seen one of them nibble on it ONCE. But I know they eat it because of the gnaw marks on it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I say just leave it in there and keep checking the cuttle bone in there and check it every few days for teeth (beak) marks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sometimes they will go months without touching it and then eat it all at once. I leave it in there just in case.

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
Tom said:
Sometimes they will go months without touching it and then eat it all at once. I leave it in there just in case.

I actually just peaked into the the room where his enclosure is and saw him eating a piece of cuttlebone. I saw him go at it for about 5 minutes before going to bask for a little while.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
If you really want to, once a week scratch it (into a powder) over his food. Not to much because thats not good either.