Sulcata outside enclosure

Maddoggy

Location (City and/or State)
Vero Beach Florida
Here are some pics of my outside enclosure that I came up with after discussing enclosure issues on the forum. I used four foot chain link fence attached to treated 4x4s with fence staples. I strung #9 wire along the bottom and anchored it on the end post with eye bolts and seven inch turnbuckles. I tightened the 9wire banjo string tight with the turnbuckles and attached each link at the bottom of the fence with hog rings. I added a top rail and attached it to the uprights with homemade hardware and u bolts. Every third link I tied the top of the fence to the top rail with fence ties. For the visual barrier I cut 3/8 inch plywood into 16 inch X8 foot strips. I coated the plywood with three coats of transparent wood sealer. I attached the plywood to the bottom of the fence by sandwiching the fence between the coated plywood strips and treated 2x2s. The total cost for 50 feet is $500.I have an idea for a much cheaper way that I will be trying soon. I will share that when it is accomplished. As always I am open for suggestions or criticism.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Maddoggy

Vero Beach Florida
Thanks It really is a lot of ideas I got from members of the forum. I just start asking how and got a lot of reaction from members.Im working on a more cost effective barrier other then chain link.Its a bit pricy for a 3000 sq Ft enclosure

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks It really is a lot of ideas I got from members of the forum. I just start asking how and got a lot of reaction from members.Im working on a more cost effective barrier other then chain link.Its a bit pricy for a 3000 sq Ft enclosure
This looks secure and safe. I see no problems with it. I'll be interested in whatever cheaper way you've got in mind too.