Sulcata tortoise nose bubbles and coughing?

Dakota Reptile

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania Philadelphia
Hey guys, this is my first post so i apologize if i don't know how this is done. My sulcata tortoise has been having bubbles come out of its nose, it has also been coughing or chirping? Whatever the sound is. I was wondering what this could be and how i can fix it. It is getting colder out although i keep my tortoise inside, maybe its the weather?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Im hoping you have read all the How to Raise a Sulcata info under the AFRICAN Tortoise section? Many will join this thread I'm sure, but you will want to provide some pictures of your set-up, provide info on your overall heating and lighting set up. Basking temps, ambient temps, humidity levels, substrate....

Regardless of the outside temp, your Sully should be enjoying nice 80 -100 degree temps in it's enclosure.

Runny nose sounds like cold temps.

Upload some pix, provide more info....and more help/advice to happen. Good luck.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Raise the over all temp to 85 day and night. Do not have an spot that gets colder turn that. Keep a basking spot of 95-100. Keep him warm and hydrated. If he doesn't get better in a couple days or gets worse, get him to a vet.