lovesulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia, Jakarta
Not fungus. I would keep an eye on it, but not do anything yet. Is your tortoise being kept in the correct warm humid conditions? Was it housed too dry before you got it?
at the place I bought it from, they put their sulcata in a terrarium with the right humidity. and I soak it every day

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
at the place I bought it from, they put their sulcata in a terrarium with the right humidity. and I soak it every day
What do you consider the right humidity? What percent? Most people consider the right humidity much too low.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
What do you consider the right humidity? What percent? Most people consider the right humidity much too low.
Oh and, could u take a look at my new threads?( Pellets for sulcata) 😅 I gave 3 pictures with different pellets And can u help me to choose which one is good?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh and, could u take a look at my new threads?( Pellets for sulcata) 😅 I gave 3 pictures with different pellets And can u help me to choose which one is good?
None of us have any experience feeding those foods, so I don't know what my recommendation would be based upon. The ingredients in each look similar, and probably all three are fine as part of a varied diet. On paper, they all look reasonably safe.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
None of us have any experience feeding those foods, so I don't know what my recommendation would be based upon. The ingredients in each look similar, and probably all three are fine as part of a varied diet. On paper, they all look reasonably safe.
One more questions, I bought the Zion Nutrimax pellets (it has alfafa hay,barley grass >18% protein, <26% fiber, <4,2% calcium) And i read on google that alfafa hay is not good for tortoise, Is that true? 😅

but T balance pellets has Alfafa hay , rye grass and timothy hay >15% protein, <20% fibers. Which one is good? The T balance or The zion nutrimax that I bought? U can look for the complete ingredients of T balance And zion nutrixmax On google because I cant write everything about the ingredients. I hope u answer!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
One more questions, I bought the Zion Nutrimax pellets (it has alfafa hay,barley grass >18% protein, <26% fiber, <4,2% calcium) And i read on google that alfafa hay is not good for tortoise, Is that true? 😅

but T balance pellets has Alfafa hay , rye grass and timothy hay >15% protein, <20% fibers. Which one is good? The T balance or The zion nutrimax that I bought? U can look for the complete ingredients of T balance And zion nutrixmax On google because I cant write everything about the ingredients. I hope u answer!
Plain dry alfalfa hay is not a good tortoise food because it is very stemmy and because it is pretty high in protein. I do know of one keeper of large adult sulcatas that uses it regularly, but that is not the norm.

Alfalfa horse pellets are okay to soak and mix in once in a while, but not too often due to the high protein. Be sure the tortoise is well hydrated if you do this to prevent urate and bladder stone formation.

I grow fresh green alfalfa and mix cut handfuls of that into my food mixing buckets from time to time for some variety and a little plant protein.

The pellets above are too high in protein at 18% to feed as a regular food item. Offering some of that mixed in with chopped greens once every week or two would be fine, but I wouldn't feed something like that daily.

Your tortoise should be eating freshly sprouted grasses, weeds, leaves, flowers, and succulents. Pellets are good once or twice a week to add in variety, but should not be the main source of food. If you don't have good weeds, leaves and grass available, you should start growing your own. Any of these pellets that you have linked here should be fine to mix in with grocery store greens to add in fiber and variety, but none of them should be the main thing you feed your tortoise every day.

We do not know these brands of pelleted food. I don't think it would be wise to make any recommendation based solely on the ingredients listed on the label. You will have to try each of them for yourself and see how well they work.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
Plain dry alfalfa hay is not a good tortoise food because it is very stemmy and because it is pretty high in protein. I do know of one keeper of large adult sulcatas that uses it regularly, but that is not the norm.

Alfalfa horse pellets are okay to soak and mix in once in a while, but not too often due to the high protein. Be sure the tortoise is well hydrated if you do this to prevent urate and bladder stone formation.

I grow fresh green alfalfa and mix cut handfuls of that into my food mixing buckets from time to time for some variety and a little plant protein.

The pellets above are too high in protein at 18% to feed as a regular food item. Offering some of that mixed in with chopped greens once every week or two would be fine, but I wouldn't feed something like that daily.

Your tortoise should be eating freshly sprouted grasses, weeds, leaves, flowers, and succulents. Pellets are good once or twice a week to add in variety, but should not be the main source of food. If you don't have good weeds, leaves and grass available, you should start growing your own. Any of these pellets that you have linked here should be fine to mix in with grocery store greens to add in fiber and variety, but none of them should be the main thing you feed your tortoise every day.

We do not know these brands of pelleted food. I don't think it would be wise to make any recommendation based solely on the ingredients listed on the label. You will have to try each of them for yourself and see how well they work.

Oh okay, can you tell me the composition of pellets that are good for sulcata😅??, and what are the characteristics of a sulcata affected by bladder stones? And do sulcatas have to excrete urate every day? Because my turtle releases urates only 1-2x a week. Sometimes within a week it doesn't produce urates at all.