Sully growth

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Another question I have: how much weight should a 3-4 month old hatchling gain per week? Or there are huge variations?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
There are variations. I worried about that when Opo was young. Trying to compare Opo to other sullies here on the forum. Dont worry I can almost guarantee you will have a big bulldozer when it's all said and done. :)

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
There are variations. I worried about that when Opo was young. Trying to compare Opo to other sullies here on the forum. Dont worry I can almost guarantee you will have a big bulldozer when it's all said and done. :)
I've been monitoring its weight and it seems to only gain 1-2g per week. It eats a lot everyday, but at the same time its poop is pretty big for its size. I'm afraid its not absorbing enough nutrients.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Mine was averaging 4-8 grams per week up until he turned 1 year, then he skyrocketed. He is only 1.5 years now and is well over 800 grams now. I expect he should reach the KG mark within 2 weeks. I received him when he was 8 months old, so I haven't a clue what his growth rate was prior to that. He was kept in a dry open-top enclosure prior to me taking him in.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've been monitoring its weight and it seems to only gain 1-2g per week. It eats a lot everyday, but at the same time its poop is pretty big for its size. I'm afraid its not absorbing enough nutrients.
As long as your tort eats and poops and the poop is coming out as poop and not undigested food. I am sure he is getting the nutrients.